Monday, January 11, 2010

So I Think I'm Going to Keep This Going

After re reading all of my blogs of my travels through Europe I realized I like this blogging thing. For most of my life I have a kept a journal, I have always found it theraputic to write my thoughts down for safe keeping and to go back and remember what I was feeling and/or doing at certain points in my life.

For those of you who followed me in Europe I know this won't be as entertaining but for me it's like my new journal. Various thoughts activities and what not will be here and I hope you will enjoy it. I dont even really care if no one reads it.


Since coming back from Europe it's been very strange to not be back in school. Everyone I spent the last 4 years of my life with are still out on the east coast and I'm definitely lonely w/o them. I have found a few odd jobs to keep money coming in and me afloat for the time being. My first and most enjoyable job is coaching a hs boys swim team. It's been a lot of fun to educated them w/ my knowledge from 10 years of swimming. They at first were kind of nervous around me, worried they would offend me however they soon realized that I'm a tomboy and nothing offends me. Its weird coaching and seeing the other viewpoint but at the same time fun.

Other than coaching i'm doing some supervisor work at the local elementary school and working at Target. Yes it's not glamorous or by any means exactly what I want to do w/ my life but it's money and keeps me busy until a career job comes along. Some people have ridiculed me for having these jobs, especially Target, however they are the ones sitting at home w/ nothing to do and no job. Are they really ones to criticize the jobs that I have where I'm making money??

Last week I turned 23 (and so not tired of life). How weird to think that I'm 23 years old, an accomplished athlete and graduated from college. Pardon my language but holy shit. After turning 23 I made my first real adult purchase of my life. I bought a car... no not new, but used. $7,000 for a 2002 Honda Civic LX w/ 100,000 miles on it. Despite the mileage it's in EXCELLENT condition and I love it. Per request of many people I named my car... Kiefer. Not only do I love Kiefer Sutherland but once I said it I loved it.

When the swim season ends I'm thinking about packing up and moving out East to hardcore job hunt for a career job. People have offered to let me stay with them and I think it would really help to apply for jobs when I'm living in CT and can easily go into say Boston or NYC for an interview.

I'm off for the night... will post more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment