Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Alpine Valley

Now this doesn't really have anything to do with my trip but I need to share the experience I had this weekend. So as many know I'm kind of obsessed w/ this band known as Dave Matthews Band. Well they played at the local value Alpine Valley this past Sat/Sun. I babysat for some family friends on Friday night and went downtown Milwaukee to meet some of my Warehouse (DMB fan club) friends. Some I knew and some I had never met. I got down there around 12:30 am and people that I didn't even know who I had talked to on the message boards just came up to me introduced themselves and gave me huge hugs. That is what I love about the community. It was as if we were all good friends for years and just hadn't seen each other in a while. I'm always up to meeting new people especially when we are all together for the same reason. Saturday I did not go to the show but Sunday a friend did an amazing thing and offered me a FREE ticket. I couldn't turn it down and they know who they are and they know how much it meant to me.

I rode out to the venue with my friends Jacci and Mat who I met last year at the tailgate that I put together and we rode out to meet up with some other cars to drive into the venue together. We had 11 cars in our caravan and somehow we managed to get everyone in there together in the same row and no one got lost. This group of people were so amazing. There was no drama, no problems and everyone just had a great time. Some of these people I met are the coolest people ever. We may have age differences but at these concerts we're little kids together. People came form Indiana, Arizona, Florida, New York, Minnesota and many more because this venue is just magical. Well 7:30 rolls and around I'm going to get ready to get my ticket and lone behold it's locked in the CAR!!!! We figure it a friend spots me some money to buy a lawn ticket. I get into the venue and my kickass friends brought me down to their seats so I didn't have to sit alone. The show was freaking awesome and then energy was out of control. I did some seat hopping and wound up on the other side of the venue with some new friends. I've never danced my ass off so hard in my life. After the show we hung around and just grilled some more before we decided to leave once the traffic died down.

All in all, I love my DMB family. You guys are the greatest and make my experiences so great at every show I go to. I wish I could see you all more often. You guys are ALL amazing people. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment