So as my trip gets closer I'm getting a little more nervous to be in a different country on my own. I've traveled all over the U.S. by myself but when I arrived at my destination there was someone there that I knew and was planning to meet. In Europe, I'm on my own. I like that I'll get to set my own itinerary and go at my own pace but at the same time I think trips like this are nice to have someone there with you. So once I'm on my own my trip thus far is this:
After Paris I'm going to go north to Bruges/Brussels for a few days and spend time there. Then I will take my trip to Italy staring with Florence then Rome and going down to Naples to see Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius. I am going to get on a train and head north on the west coast of Italy into Southern France. Specifically I would like to visit Nice, Avignon, Arles, and Aix en Provence. From Nice it is an 8.5 hour train ride to Barcelona where I will spend a few days then head north up the west coast of France. My final stop will be the D-Day beaches at Normandy.
Hopefully this will all work out and I have enough time to see it all.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment