No not my little brother, even though I do miss him dearly. No the city in Italy. I was tired for the tourists in Firenze so I took a short day trip to Lucca, about an hour and a half train ride on sketchy old trains. But this city is really cool.
Its surround by these old ramparts, city walls, which are incredible in themselves. They have 3 different walls that have been built over the years and the last creating these thick walls that no enemy could penetrate. When napolean conquered italy he liked lucca gave it to his sister which was then given to his widow. She planted trees and made the ramparts a nice area for residents and tourists to walk and ride bikes. i rented a bike for an hour and rode around. it was really hot, even in the shade. i have dranken about 3 liters of water already and im still dehydrated.
Within the city walls are old roman churches buildings and an old ampitheater. A lot of tourists come here but its still a neat little town. I decided to sit down and have a nice Lucca lunch of gnocchi. it was incredible.
tomorrow im off to nice where ill spend a day just on the becah doing nothing then arles till monday.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment