Saturday, August 1, 2009

It's About That Time...

It's Satuday, we leave Monday. Oh Jesus. Today as been spent tying up loose ends so far and now the real challenge is upon me... PACKING. For a month our favorite traveler Rick Steve's recommends that you pack a week and a half worths of clothes for a months trip and do laundry. I think the real problem is going to be shoes. I'm only bringing 3 pairs of shoes... hardest thing I've ever had to do. I will be packing a small suitcase and a backpack (also bringing a day bag). I've got almost everything in my suitcase, but I want to bring so much more.

It's becoming kind of daunting the idea of flying over the Atlantic Ocean. I had enough trouble flying to Hawaii (senior year high school and freshman year of college) and that was only a few hours over the ocean... this is almost ALL night! My fear of going over water stems from my fear of drowning I think. I dont like going over bridges, flying over water or going to deep into the ocean. When I fly I usually pass out right away on the plane so I think everything will be okay, but still scares the crap out of me. I'm gunna have to deal with it because I have no choice.

I've been thinking alot about where I'm going and I think I'm most excited for Southern France. I took french for 6 years at Shorewood and loved the language a lot. When learning about the country I fell in love w/ Arles and Avignon. Even when I wento Lac du Bois (french language speaking camp) I was placed in the cabin Avignon and wanted to go there ever since. The ruins in the south of France and parts of Italy are said to be better than those in Greece itself.


"celebrate we will" ~DMB~

No comments:

Post a Comment