Friday, August 14, 2009

Paris Part II

Sorry im a little behind on posting i'm actually in Brugges now but i still need to finish writing about Paris.

Our second day in Paris we slept in a little and went on the city bus tour so we took the grand out and saw everything. this city is HUGE. we got off at l'arc de triomphe and walked down the champs de l'essyes. My aunt wanted some Luis Vuitton so we had to go obviously. It was their mothership of stores and they made me try on a pair of $600 (euros) high heeled GOLD shoes. They were incredible and if i had the money i would have bought them. After a long day of shopping we went and found a nice restaurant for dinner and then it was time to go to the Eiffel Tower and get to the top... or so I thought. My aunt hates heights so we went up on our own. The wait just to get tickets was about an hour and 15 minutes at 9:00 at night. We got in the lift to take us to the 2nd level and i was too scared going up that lift we couldn't make it to the top top. but the 2nd level's view is incredible. so amazing. The Parisians love lights and the light show on the tower is pretty cool but being on the tower and seeing the lights of the city and seeing as far as Sacre Cour across the city is just amazing.

The next morning we got up early and decided to head to Versailles. We knew with the time we had we had to choose a place we wanted to go. There is nothing else like Versailles so we had to go. This place is mind blowing how big and extravagent it is. The gold the like 400 rooms mostly just with a few chairs and some desks but they needs all the space for the royal family and the nobles. It was worth it to be there, especially for the gardens. I've never seen property so big and with so much stuff around it. There are 2 huge lakes, flowers, forests, walking gardens palm trees and everything else you can think of. We left Versailles and headed back into the city and had time to get to the Musee D'Orsay. That place is increadible. It has the best impressionists from Monet and Van Gogh and a very cool exhibit from an artist Max Ernst. You should look him up.

We spent our last night doing laundry and drinking beers at a local bar where we racked up such a high tab that we got free drinks :). I traveled to Brugges yesterday and I'm there until tomorrow. I am on my own now for the rest of the trip, kind of intimidating but I can do it I know.

I want to post pictures but the computers here suck and won't let me do it. HOpefully i can find one that lets me post.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part of Paris was the Sacre Cour! I loved Versailles too!

    ReplyDelete